Anmol Public School (APS) is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. The general objectives of CBSE are to provide students with a balanced education to facilitate geographic and cultural mobility through a shared academic experience. Subjects are studied concurrently and students are exposed to the two great traditions of learning; the humanities and the sciences.
Students have instant access to information through a well-stocked library. Opportunities for creative learning are the touch stone of the school.
Medium of Instruction: English
Classes taught: From Grade I to Grade X for both boys and girls.
|First language :||English (For students of all Grades)|
|Second language:||Kannada (For students of all Grades)|
|Third language:||Hindi (For students of Grades I to VIII)|
|Core Subjects :||Mathematics, Science, Social Science|
The evaluation will be done as per the instructions given by the CBSE. There are three periodic written tests in the entire academic year and the average (for 10 marks) of the best two will be taken for the final result along with the marks scored in Annual Examination for 80 marks. Grades are given on Five Point scale (A to E) in subjects such as Work education, Art education and Health and Physical education.
Internal assessment comprising 20 marks (10+5+5) is based on the performance in the periodic tests, Note book submission and Subject enrichment activities considered for promotion.
Other special features:
- Hand writing classes in Anmol help every student to improve his/her hand writing skills
- Remedial classes for slow learners help them to understand the fundamentals in Maths and languages
- Literary activities like Debate, Pick & Speak, Essay writing help students develop courage, speaking skills and thinking skills
- Guided study classes in the evening help students to clarify their doubts with teachers
- Regular assessment helps teachers to know the learning gaps among children and to take necessary corrective measures
- Counseling will be done with students who is not doing well in academics and with students who have home sickness and with students who are looking dull in classes
Class teacher speaks to parents on regular basis to share their children performance in academics and in other areas. The teacher also collects information from parents about their child to take necessary action wherever required.
The academic year is divided into two terms:
|1. June to September and 2. November to April|
- Library maintains a supportive and nurturing environment in building knowledge bank of students.
- The library contains all most 7,500 books, audio and video cd’s, that cover a panoramic spectrum of subjects to satisfy the urge to learn and curiosity that is so natural to the child.
- The library is constantly acquiring new titles to stay up –to – date with the latest in the world and also subscribes to various periodicals and journals.
- Library is the hub of all activities.
- An orientation program for new students is also organized to help them acquaint themselves with the library system and services for the maximum utilization for the available resources.
- computerized facility for both book keeping as well as for providing information, help students to get needed information.
- Book talks are organized to develop reading habits among students.
- The Library provides opportunity to students to write articles/ Drawings in its monthly newsletter ‘Kids world’ and in its Annual magazine ‘Amulya’
Birds eye view of the library
|Audio – Visual Materials||200|
|Maps , Charts, Models||60|